The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates
agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
* Participate in the coordination of the A4NH research program in Nigeria;
* Ensure with stakeholders engagement and research implementation for the A4NH research
program in Nigeria
* Conduct literature review, preparing presentation and the materials needed;
* Support activities related to communication and knowledge mobilization (media engagement,
stakeholders consultation, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs);
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Master’s in Economics or related field with minimum of Five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
* Experience using statistical software packages (STATA);
* Excellent spoken and written communication skill.
* Ability to work independently and pay close to attention to details.
* Good interpersonal skills, high energy and ability to multitask.
* Ability to travel locally or internationally.
Highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application at IITA website, attaching their cover letter with detailed curriculum vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft Word format no later than two weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct
Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application closes 30th December 2017
Click Here To Read More
Click Here To Apply