Jobs and Vacancies Opportunity Nationwide
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the positions below at the Institute’s station in Kano.
Position: Farm Supervisor
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
* Supervise land preparation (mowing ridging, harrowing etc.) within IITA and offsite
* Jointly attend to and educate students, farmers, and other bodies during excursions to IITA with the Visitors Assistant;
* Assist in driving IITA trucks to and fro offsite stations to convey Tractors, equipment and implements;
* Supervise operators on the use and maintenance of Tractors and implements;
* Coordinate the multiplication of all IITA mandate varieties including cover crops;
* Initiate the establishment of irrigation facilities in Kano station;
* Supervise planting and harvesting of cover crops;
* Assist in the management of the entire Kano Farm to international standard;
* Coordinate training on tractorization;
Perform any other farm duties as may be assigned by the Head of Station.
BSc/HND in Agricultural Engineering or any other Agricultural Extension related discipline with at least 5 years working experience preferably in a very large farm.
The ideal candidate must have:
* The ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks effectively;
* Good knowledge of Agronomy and/or Farm Management
* The ability to work with little or no supervision under pressure in agricultural
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Have strong computer skills;
* Have ability to drive IITA’s earthmoving equipment and vehicles with a valid Driver’s license.
Highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application closes 2nd January 2018
Click Here To Apply
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
1 post • Page 1 of 1